Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mission #1: The Bathroom Cabinet

My mission? To build the perfect cabinet for the bathroom I just rennovated.

I have a few constraints, however:

Unlike my brother, Brek, who builds museum quality furniture, I devote a minimum of skills and tools to my woodworking projects. I'm fond of simple joinery like butt joints with lots of glue. My favorite tools are my Kreg pocket hole jig (essential for every good screw reinforced butt joint) and my Porter Cable power sander (essential for every mismatched joint and poor measurement). I also have a strict time constraint because I have many other hobbies competing for my free time.

What is this cabinet for? It needs to sit in the corner of our bathroom, against a knee wall, between a toilet and full length mirror. It will store bathroom stuff like toilet paper, poison ivy ointment, and extra soap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»