Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pam the Plumber

Punctuality is not Pam's strong point. After rescheduling five times she promised to be at our house by 9AM so Melissa could get to a meeting at work. Pam never showed so Melissa had to leave. Then she had to come back at noon to let Pam in. Pam finally showed, though!

On the second day Pam let herself in using the key we gave her. She worked until 9:30 PM that evening (with her helper Todd). Before leaving, Pam showed us her beautiful copper work...


...and left water in the shower pan for the leak test. This was the shower pan she talked me into doing because she was sure it was beyond my abilities. More on that later. She also posed for a couple pictures with Todd. Yes, she is a clown.


So far, I'm happy with her work. She gave me good advice and had some good extras, like making the toilet discharge higher than I would need it, which is good. I'll be able to cut it down to where I need it when I tackle the finished floor. There were two things I was disappointed with, however. One, she removed the shut-off valves I had added for the hot/cold water lines running to the shower and two, the shower pan didn't wrap around the curb.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us.My pleasure to being here on your blog..Iwannacomebeck here for new post from your site.
Plumber Providence Rhode