Sunday, March 09, 2008

Bathroom Renovation #2 - Stupid Electrical Boxes

Adding 9 inches to the width of my shower, caused other things to have to be moved. For example, I had to move the box for my toilet task lighting 9 inches to have it centered between the shower and opposite wall. Annoying.

Okay, I have to complain about the blue "Old Work" junction boxes. They neglect those who have really old work. Like in my case where I have drywall over plaster. The stupid little screws with the plastic pieces that are supposed to flip up and grab the back of the wall board only go so deep. Replacing the screws with longer longs doesn't work because the plastic barriers that force the flippy things to flip up only go so deep. I always end up wasting my time getting something to anchor these boxes to. Everything I have replaced in my house has given me this same challenge.

0 comments: