Saturday, March 22, 2008

Building the Preslope With Deck Mud

It sure was depressing removing Pam's preslope. I thought I was done removing concrete.

However, her attempt at a preslope was unlike anything I had read about. The code demands at least 1/4" per foot slope. Pam's slope didn't even go all the way to the drain.

After more research, Melissa and I came back from Lowes with roofing felt, galvinized metal lath, Sand Topping Mix, sand, and a PVC liner that was actually the right size.

I nailed some carefully sized wood strips around the perimeter to use as a guide for the slope.

We put down the felt and metal lath to help hold our mud in place, mixed the deck mud to carefully researched consistancy, and spread it using 2X4 floats. Tomorrow it should be ready for the liner...scary!

1 comments:

Bungalow Monster said...

I feel your pain!! I appreciate your thoroughness and attempts at doing things right! However, I know it gets weary when no one agrees on the "right" way to do something.

It's kind of refreshing to find others who are committed to quality workmanship. Thanks for the fine example!