Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bathroom Renovation #2 - Under the Tile Walls?

I didn't know what we would find under the tiled walls. After what I saw under the tile floor, the was expecting the worst. We found both good and bad. The good was that for the most part the structure was in good shape. We even discovered three vertical 4 x 6" posts, which I thought was cool. The bad was the rotten wood we found below the window where the tub/shower used to be. It would all have to be replaced. To complicate things, the outside wall of the house was nailed to these rotten studs and cripple studs. I knew I would have to remove the original plaster around the window to see the fill extent of the damage. Fun fun fun!

As I continued to demo the window area, Melissa washed down the studs we would keep with a watered down bleach solution in case we had any mildew/mold anywhere.

0 comments: