Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Mission #2: The Bookshelf

Ever since moving into our house two years ago, most of our books have been sitting in boxes in the guestroom. Our house has great storage space but no book shelves! This is a huge problem for Melissa and I because we have a large number of reference-type books that we reference often.

The solution is obvious. Make some book shelves. However, I've been dragging my feet on this project because I haven't been able to determine which wall to sacrifice. Every wall seems to have a good reason why it isn't bookshelf suitable (air intake/vent, window, old wood paneling I don't want to cover, closet doors).

Well, we finally came up with a plan that we both agreed on. I will build book shelves in the downstairs guestroom on two walls. I'll build them around a closet door, window, and corner. We think this approach will give us enough shelf space for most of our books/magazines without interfering with the guestroom furniture.

Here is the before picture.

0 comments: