Saturday, January 03, 2009

Creative Clamping

Do you think all those clamps in the previous post's picture are mine? Ha! Yeah, right. Those ridiculous Bessy clamps are $50 a piece.

My longest clamps are 30"; the inexpensive, but adequate orange Jorgensen clamps. For the final carcase coffee table glue-up I needed at least six clamps that could clamp 45" each. My plan was to buy a bunch of 50" Bessy clamps from Lowes and return them afterwards. Come on, I spend so much money at Lowes, it's the least they can do. Besides, they'll be good as new after one use.

Unfortunatly, Lowes only had two in stock. Thus, I had to get creative for the other four joints. I just linked my shorter clamps together. It worked great. And my two Bessy clamps are happily back on the shelf at Lowes.

0 comments: