Sunday, August 06, 2006

Hardware


I keep telling myself not to go to Restoration Hardware but I always do. Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace never seem to have anything unique but classy. We decided on chrome to match the other bathroom fixtures and picked out some vintage looking pulls and a knob. Similar to my other experiences at Restoration Hardware, when I was ready to install the hardware, I took a good look at it and noticed that they had once again given me the right pieces but with a variety of finishes. Those bozos have done this to me before. Apparently they expensive prices do not reflect any high degree of quality control.

Melissa went back to exchange the pieces as I went to Lowes to buy the correct length screws. Soon after she returned, I screwed them on and decided it was time to lug the thing up the bathroom...finally.

By the way, if you enlarge the above picture, you'll see my reflection. Pretty cool, huh?

1 comments:

Noellest said...

Restoration Hardward alternative:
http://www.rejuvenation.com/

Hi there - glad all is well in home project land. I just bought a 1904 farmhouse in Portland and I'm knee deep in insulation this weekend. Best to you~