Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Attaching the Legs

The first major disappointment on the project came after I attached the legs.

Attaching them was simple. I had planned the carcase with the legs in mind. My main goal was to be able to put this cabinet in my bathroom corner as close to the wall as possible. Therefore, I wanted the footprint of the legs to be smaller than that of the carcase (to handle the bathroom's base molding). The legs attached nicely with pocket hole screws and glue.

Before stepping back to take a good look, I called Melissa out to observe this milestone. Her reaction was basically, "Why did you attach the legs upside down?". As soon as she said it, I knew she was right. My decision to borrow stylistic ideas, from the cabinet legs my brother, Brek builds, was a poor one. Obviously, I don't get it.



Oh well. We decided too wait until it's painted before chopping off the legs. Who knows, maybe it will grow on us.

0 comments: